Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Story of the Broken Sheep


I heard this story today from my friend Masha and I thought it was ideal and everyone would benefit from hearing it, so here it goes. There's obviously a shepherd watching over a field of sheep. However there's one particular sheep that keeps wandering off and keeps getting lost. No matter what the shepherd does he can't figure out how to teach the sheep to stop from wandering off. Well the shepherd then breaks the sheep's legs (graphic I know, but bear with me there is a point to all of this). So this sheep has broken legs and it can't wander anymore because of the pain that it is in. The shepherd picks up the sheep and carries the sheep around everywhere. It takes a healthy amount of time for the sheep's legs to heal and by the time they are better the sheep has developed a personal relationship with the shepherd and no longer has the desire to wander.

I hope you know how I'm going to link this to life and to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sometimes when we are wandering and getting ourselves lost, Heavenly Father wants nothing more than to bring us back to the Him and to His commandments. When we are in the mist of trials (like the broken legs for the sheep) and we allow the Savior to carry us through those trials we build a deeper relationship with Him and gain a greater appreciation for the Atonement He performed for all of us.

I really like this story and I hope it made you realize that the trials we go through can make us or break us. I hope that as we all face different struggles and stresses in life we can look toward the Savior as our Physician and He will heal us according to our faith.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, I had not heard that story before. Hope you have an AWESOME day. Love you, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I'm glad I stumbled across that today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete