Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Post!

Yes, I finally decided to start a blog. I'm not exactly sure where it will go, or how "awesome" it will be, but I do know that there will be several things I will keep you posted on in this upcoming school year.In my attempts to achieve a balanced life, I have involved myself with LDSSA, or
Latter-day Saint Student Association, and can't wait to begin the adventures at institute. I just love the friendships I formed this past year, and can't wait to build many more.These pictures show all my Spirit of Place peeps and all the fun that we had!

Also I will be participating in Operation smile as Secretary in the Presidency and hope that I can do some wonderful things as a part of that group.
I just love everything that Operation Smile does and I urge you to research the organization yourself and find a way to contribute to it.
this link will give you a small overview of what operation smile is all about.
This link shows video's of those affected by operation smile and how it changed their lives. If you have 5 minutes, I encourage you watch a video, and explore the website. http://www.operationsmile.org/living_proof/video-stories/
While being apart of these two student associations, I will also being working at Hunstman Cancer Hospital and working on research and publish it at the University of Utah.
I am so excited for this upcoming school year and see great things happening all around.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice first post I can't wait to see more...I believe this is how I will know what you are up to I don't think I will be seeing much of you this school year. Best of luck with everything. Love ya, Melissa

    ReplyDelete